Saturday, November 26, 2011

NCTE recap Part IV: Sunday

By Sunday, I was in full conference mode and in a haze as well. Lots of presentations and meetings and running to and fro. Sunday was actually rather calm in comparison. I chaired my first ever ALAN Board of Directors meeting. From the BOD to the ALAN Reception next.



Met Kristen Chandler and Francisco Stork there and renewed talk to Rita Williams-Garcia, Coe Booth, and many more.

Having survived that, I headed out to dinner with the amazing and talented Victoria Stapleton from Little Brown. Dinner was with AS King, Matthew Quick, and Sara Zarr. I got to sit next to Donalyn and Victoria. There was never a dull moment.







Back to the hotel for in the morning, the #alan11 WORKSHOP WOULD BEGIN.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like your time at the NCTE Conference was a wonderful and successful trip! Congratulations on receiving your award. Now, maybe, you can relax a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was at the conference with you via Twitter. I would've loved to speak with Donalyn Miller. I read her book The Book Whisperer a few years ago (while I was teaching), before I began the library science program and I just loved it. I think I need to revisit it again, as I am sure my library experience will have an effect on how I see it now.
    Congratulations on your award as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed following your tweets while you were at the conference. At one point, you and Laurie Halse Anderson tweeted simultaneously that Chris Crutcher was "in the house". Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete