Monday, April 9, 2012

Z is for Moose! Yes, it is!




Z IS FOR MOOSE by Kelly Bingham with illustrations by Paul Zelinsky (Greenwillow 2012) is a wildly funny alphabet book. Moose waits rather impatiently as the alpabet gets underway (though if you look closely, you can see Moose spying early on). However, by the letter "D", Moose is center stage and getting in the way. Finally, the director of this alphabet production (Zebra) gets Moose off stage. However, when "M is for mouse and not Moose, Moose rampages across pages. Zebra manages to bring Moose back by the end of the alphabet, placated for the time being. Wild and zany, this is a book kids will demand be read over and over again. <182>

7 comments:

  1. This book sounds adorable! I wish I had it when I taught first grade. I love ABC and alphabet books - what an engaging way to teach children the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, also, love alphabet books! When I taught preschool, it was so fun to read to the children and have them repeat! I know they would have loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my pre-k friends would love this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love alphabet books and this sounds like something cute and different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good twist on the traditional alphabet book! I bet my primary classes would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Read to my daughter and is now one of her favorites!

    ReplyDelete