Tuesday, August 9, 2011

dog, or cat, days of summer

I am nearing 400 books read for 2011. At this pace, I will meet and, I hope, exceed last year's numbers. Not a contest (there are foks who read more, I know) but a way to keep pushing myself to read more and to read daily. Sunday, I managed to read this before we headed off to church. One of the nice things about short GNs, they read quite quickly.




THE MALTESE MUMMY by Trina Robbins and illustrated by Tyler Page (Lerner Graphic Universe 2011) is the second book in the Chicagoland Detective Agency series. Raf and Megan and Bradley (the taloking dog) set out in search of a missing mummy. It appears as though the new teenage heartthrob Sun D'Arc might be involved in some way. Plenty of humor, action, adventure, and a more than subtle nod toward the film (you know which one, right?), this is a quick read that will appeal to tweens and young teens, too. <371>

No comments:

Post a Comment